Town Board accepting applications for position of Town Clerk
Town Clerk – Town of Rhinebeck
The Town of Rhinebeck is seeking an applicant to fill the position of Town Clerk. The Town Clerk performs all statutory responsibilities of the office as prescribed by General Municipal Law. The Clerk will also serve as Town Tax Collector.
Salary, commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
Resumes may be submitted via email to: email@example.com or US mail @ Rhinebeck Town Hall, 80 East Market Street, Rhinebeck, NY 12572 Re: Town Clerk Position. All questions or inquiries should be directed to Town Clerk, Barb Cunningham, via e-mail (as noted above.)
All resumes should be received by August 15th. Ideally, candidate to start September 1st. Position will be open until filled.
For complete job description go to: http://rhinebeck-ny.gov and open “Town Clerk Position” link.
- Prepare and distribute town board agenda
- Record, edit and publish town board minutes
- Registrar of Vital Statistics and Town Records Management Office
- Maintain historical birth, death, marriage records of the town
- Provide certified copies of birth, death certificates marriage licenses burial permits
- Compile vital statistic reports for Department of Health
- Prepare birth and death transcripts
- Maintain Oath of Office for Town Officials
- Maintain town/local law filing system
- Deposit Building Department, Zoning, Planning, DEC, Highway Fees and transcript monies
- Track petty cash reimbursements – verify and balance receipts and cash
- Issue DEC hunting and fishing licenses
- Sort and deliver incoming mail. Track postage meter funds
- Schedule town hall usage
- Answer phones, take messages
- Provide public with general information regarding town matters
- Issue checks to Town, Dept Health, DEC, DC Finance, NYS Dept of Health, Ag & Markets for fees collected
- Prepare Town Clerk Budget, budget notification for newspaper hearings, and file with county
- Verify accuracy of contracts for fire companies, rec park concession stand, Humane Society, Vanderburgh cove operator
- Provide reports re racing/wagering, fetal death, birth, death, marriage, DEC to appropriate agencies
- Collect all department statistics for annual accounting reports
- Update Senior exemption law filings with DOS, Community Block Grant
- Grant opportunities research and writing
- Town Clerk supervises Deputy Clerk
- Must possess strong organizational skills, excellent writing and editing skills. Friendly, helpful demeanor for public interaction. IT and networking knowledge, strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, BASF (accounting) basic accounting knowledge. Notary Public commission a plus.
- Collect and record taxes in computerized tax collection system.
- Job duties from January to May.
- Update tax rolls
- Import records from bank payments
- Tax Collector needs strong bookkeeping and financial reporting skills. Tax payments tracked on Info Tax 7.3